Versatile Blogger Award!
I woke up the other afternoon to the surprising discovery that Ms. Eve Redwater had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! That makes two, which I find quite exciting. And flattering. And humbling. I know my blog is prolific, which can have many connotations. It can be good, like money-in-the-bank-prolific would be good. It can also be odd like a collection-of-old-gum-wrappers-prolific. It could also be sort of prolific like having a gaggle of termite mounds surrounding your house. I’m going to make the executive decision to conclude that this is more of the money in bank sort of happy prolific that has become Versatile.
Join me for a huzzah before we move on:
Here are the rules so you know the drill:
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Here are the bloggers I am nominating!
1. Chris Galford. Not only is Chris a lovely human and an excellent writer, but he has just published his first fantasy novel, The Hollow March, which I have just bought and cannot wait to read.
2. Kellianne Sweeney. The fabulous AG introduced us on Twitter, and her blog is full of fun as well as having some great teasers for her book!
3. Broke and Bookish. This site is full of book-lovers dreams and lollipops. It’s where I got my post from last Tuesday that brought on some serious nostalgia and a few posts by other bloggers doing the same. Check them out for good book recommendations and to interact with fellow bibliophiles.
4. Lara Leigh. Honest, authentic posts from a very earnest and genuine woman. There are some things in writing that can’t be taught, and the kind of resonance that exists in Lara’s blog is among them.
5. Jess Brown. Where do I begin? Not only is Jess a phenomenal writer, but she is a very selfless and giving person. I urge you to go check out her blog and her posted fiction.
8. Cathy Dreyer. Want tales of accidentally goosing a father-in-law or tossing a son’s clothes out the window? Go straight to Cathy’s blog. She weaves the hilarity of true life experiences with her growth as a writer. Don’t miss her blog.
9 and 10. Marcy Kennedy and Lisa Hall-Wilson over at Girls with Pens. These ladies know their stuff. Their blogs provide a lot of food for thought for budding writers.
11. Michael Montoure. Funny, informative, and writes horror. Need I say more?
I know, I know, I’m baddie bad bad bad for not having four more people. Pout. Blame the holiday season and my excessive work schedule — and the fact that I stayed up till 5 AM last night to complete my vampire survey. So let us jump to the Emmie factoids, shall we?
1. I like to imitate strange noises whilst driving alone in my car. Think the background of LCD Soundsystem songs and you won’t be too far off.
2. I don’t like the sun much. It burns, Precious. But seriously. It burns. Quick and deep, and my skin doesn’t like it. I’m also paranoid about getting skin cancer, so I take great pains to stay as pasty as possible.
3. I go barefoot as much as humanly possible.
4. My now-husband fulfilled one of my most vivid childhood hopes a few months into our relationship when he tucked a magic wand under my pillow — I used to sleep with that thing in my bed when we still lived apart.
5. A cat’s purr is one of the most comforting sounds in the world to me.
6. I’ve had a lot of bad experiences with practical jokes, and I have very little tolerance for them — regardless of whether they’re on me or someone else.
7. I speak Polish, some German, and some Spanish. I want to learn Gaelic, Welsh, Russian, and Portuguese before I die.